Let’s see. Here’s what’s going on lately:
- I’m trying to 100% Spider-Man PS4, which has mostly meant letting the boy take over every now and again so he can go catch criminals;
- I’m losing steam on Red Dead Redemption 2, which is suffering from a not-moving-fast-enough main story and way too much to do in the rest of the game, leading to option paralysis;
- I’m rereading the Broken Earth books by N.K. Jemisin, which continue to be awesome, and are in fact better now that I’m rereading/binging them;
- I have heard that we get both a Captain Marvel and an Avengers 4 trailer this week, which … well, prepare for enthusiasm on my part about that;
- I had a dream last night about The Goddamn Skylights Sequel, where someone else wrote it for me and published it and it was OK for me to take all the credit;
- I am starting to think about the annual 10 Best New(*) Books I Read This Year post, and kind of wish I had thought to do a 10 Best New(*) Books I Read From 2013-2018 post last year, when it would have been a nice even five years. Maybe I’ll do that this year for the past six.
- I need about 5000 pageviews in December to have had more blog traffic than last year. That ought to be a very achievable number the way things have been going lately so long as traffic doesn’t crater too hard around Christmas.
- Work is fine, but I have way too many meetings coming in the next couple of weeks and I’m not remotely prepared for the one I have tomorrow. Hopefully there’s going to be a way to compress the schedule for the pre-meeting training (yeah, that’s a thing) that I looked at once and abandoned once I realized how many 20-minute videos they wanted me to watch.
- The fastest way to get me to abandon doing anything is to expect me to watch videos of any length at all, by the way, and I can’t believe people don’t realize that. I can’t speed up a video and I don’t have 17 uninterruptible minutes right now, so you go to hell and I’m not gonna watch any of it.
- I’m working on doubling my Twitter following. 20K or bust!
- I discovered today, in the process of reading about and laughing at Tumblr’s decision to set itself on fire on the 17th, that I still have a Tumblr. So I fiddled around on Tumblr for a while. I still don’t know what the hell Tumblr is.
None of that was worth a post on its own, but hopefully all together there was something interesting in there. What’s going on in your end of the world?