I’ve been asleep for most of the last two days. That thing I said I was gonna do? Later this week. I promise.
One of the lesser benefits of not being a classroom teacher any longer is that I’ve gone from missing at least a day a month due to illness to almost never getting sick. In fact, other than an occasional one-day thing, I can’t remember the last time I was genuinely ill, and I’ve never taken a sick day at my current job. Not once.
I have a motherfucker of a summer cold right now, is what I’m saying. I spent most of last night too tired to get out of bed and take some medicine but also almost entirely unable to breathe, sniffled and sneezed my way through work all day, got home from work and took some cold medicine and went directly to my son’s parent-teacher night. I may have been hallucinating for part of it. I’m pretty sure I picked up the boy from my parents’ place afterwards because I think I’m at home and he’s sitting over there, but hell if I remember it.
All that said: I will announce a release date for Tales from the Benevolence Archives on Friday if it kills me. That’s it. No more fucking around. It’s coming.
Assuming I don’t die.
I don’t care.
Punch them every time they show their faces in public. Chase them away from cameras and microphones. Do whatever the fuck you want to them. If they want these things to not happen, they can stop being Nazis. There’s plenty of room to be an asshole without being a Nazi. Dox them, call their bosses, drive them entirely from public life.
We fought a fucking war over this. Hell, we fought two. We won both. There is no place in civilized society for these fuckers and if I have my way there never will be again.
Tear down monuments to the Confederacy. Vandalism? Fuck vandalism. Every monument to the Confederacy or any Confederate figure on public land in this country should be torn down, melted, refashioned into sewer pipes and sent to Flint.
Never fucking again.
I’m Luther Siler. I’m a writer and an editor. Welcome to my blog, infinitefreetime.com.
I’ve written several books you might be interested in, ranging from short story collections to near-future science fiction to fantasy space opera to nonfiction, all available as ebooks or in print from Amazon. Autographed books can be ordered straight from me as well.
I can be found in several different places on the Internet. Here’s the important ones:
- You can follow me on Twitter, @nfinitefreetime, here or just click the “follow” button on the right side of the page. Warning: Twitter is where Politics Luther hangs out. I generally follow back if I can tell you’re a human being.
- Sign up for my mailing list here.
- My author page on Goodreads is here. I accept any and all friend requests.
- My official Author page on Amazon is located here.
- Feel free to Like the (sadly underutilized) Luther Siler Facebook page here. It’s mostly used as a reblogger for posts.
- And, of course, you’re already at infinitefreetime.com, my blog. You can click here to be taken to a random post.
Thanks for reading!