So the worst month of my life is now heading into week six. Anybody got any good news? Share, please.
I have trouble believing that it has been over a year since the last time I embarrassed myself trying to find new glasses, but it has! And once again, I am bound and determined to find A New Look, even though all other available New Looks make me all itchy.
This was only the first place we went to, so it’s possible that none of these will be the choice, and it’s also still possible that I go with identical frames to the ones I have, because I do actually like my current frames. But what the hell! Let’s experiment! In ascending order of Radical Departure from My Current Face:
Nearly identical to my current glasses, but in blue. For whatever reason, I seem to have decided that gunmetal and/or black glasses don’t look right and so everything I liked enough to take a picture of ended up blue. The only real change here would be the color.
Also, no comments on my beard will be entertained. It was a stressful day.
A slightly subtler blue, and similar lens shape, but eschewing the completely frameless look I went with last year.
Brighter blue, bigger lenses than what I’m currently wearing, and continuing to be half frameless. I like the color of these the most but Bek didn’t like the shape of the lenses.
WHOA WHAT IS THIS MASSIVE RADICAL DEPARTURE WHO EVEN IS THAT DUDE
Still blue, though. It’s all about blue this year.
Feel free to vote, or comment, or whatever, if you like. Ultimately my wife probably gets the final call– she has to look at them more than I do– but I still wanna hear what y’all think.
Bonus picture of the boy, in frames I think I tried on but didn’t have the guts to be photographed in:
He doesn’t get a vote, but these were his favorites.
(Why are they all Oakleys? Good question. I tried on another dozen pairs other than these from a variety of other brands, but these guys seem to have my tastes dialed in, for whatever reason. I didn’t deliberately seek them out or anything like that.)
I like this song way more than I ought to, and my wife really hates it, so of course I’m gonna make y’all listen to it too.
WordPress should have some sort of built-in poll functionality.
Feel free to reply here or on Twitter and expand on any thoughts you might have.
I’m Luther Siler. I’m an author. Welcome to my blog, infinitefreetime.com.
I’ve written several books you might be interested in, ranging from short story collections to near-future science fiction to fantasy space opera to nonfiction, all available as ebooks or in print from Amazon. Autographed books can be ordered straight from me as well.
I can be found in several different places on the Internet. Here are the important ones:
- Support me on Patreon! Just a dollar a month gets you access to exclusive stories, early access to new books as they come out, and more! $2 or more a month gets you access to CLICK, an entire exclusive book!
- You can follow me on Twitter, @nfinitefreetime, here or just click the “follow” button on the right side of the page. Warning: Twitter is where Politics Luther hangs out, and Politics Luther is usually angry and profane. I generally follow back if I can tell you’re a human being.
- My author page on Goodreads is here. I accept any and all friend requests.
- My official Author page on Amazon is located here.
- Feel free to Like the (sadly underutilized) Luther Siler Facebook page here. It’s mostly used as a reblogger for posts.
- And, of course, you’re already at infinitefreetime.com, my blog. You can click here to be taken to a random post.
Thanks for reading!