I really meant to eventually write a “real” blog post after my brief ode to a good morning yesterday, but events got away from me in the morning (in other words, I laid around reading and then took a nap) and then we spent the entire evening at my parents’ house. If I hadn’t gotten that post up early, I’d have entirely forgotten about the blog yesterday. Which would have broken a streak that’s nearing two years long now, but otherwise wouldn’t have been any kind of big deal.
I wrote my 2000th post on this thing a week or two ago. This is actually probably post 2010 or so, because the milestone slipped past me at the time. I noted it on Twitter, but haven’t mentioned it here yet. The post itself wasn’t exactly earth-shattering, but I’m entertained about the song I chose.
Some random facts:
- I’ve had, so far, 377,623 pageviews and 204,501 unique visitors to the site.
- The first post was June 4, 2013.
- My best day had 12,451 pageviews. Today will probably have around 150; traffic’s been a bit down this year.
- My most popular post, by far, is “In which I tell you how your religion works,” with 106,900 pageviews. The next most popular is the Goddamned Snowpiercer review, which has 22,872 and still is regularly in my top 5 posts every single fucking day.
- I’ve had traffic from 195 countries, or at least what WordPress calls countries, which occasionally seems a little odd.
- The top 10: The US, Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, India, France, Brazil, and Norway, in that order.
- There’s been exactly one pageview from 14 places: the Cook Islands, Equitorial Guinea, the Faroe Islands, French Guiana, Iran, the Marshall Islands, Martinique, San Marino, the Seychelles, Sint Maarten, St. Martin (apparently a different place?), Syria, Tajikistan, and Togo.
On to the next 2000, I guess. 🙂