I’m, like, fifty followers away from the big 3K. REPOST ABUNDANTLY.
I received a thank you note today– from a parent of one of my students, mind you– that started with the sentence “Thank you for being a cynical, sarcastic, grumpy asshole.” And, like, it meant thank you, and not weird reverse-psychology I’m using thank you to mean I hate you nonsense.
What can I say; some of them get me.
Today was Field Day; it went just fine, as these things tend to do, except it had rather less Field than I might have liked due to torrential rains at the beginning of the day (when all of the outdoor stuff would have been set up) and at the end of the day as well. In between, though, it was beautiful outside. Unlike last year, as you’ve seen in the post below this one, I managed to remember to get a picture of the last bus as it pulled away from the building. So, yay: achievement unlocked. I also found out today that there’s at least one other school wanting a phone interview. And another actual interview Friday. So double-yay.
Goals for this summer:
- Get BA 8, currently untitled, written. I’m about 3600 words in.
- Get Skylights online. This will require talking to my artist tomorrow. And, uh, the revisions. Damn revisions!
- Finish the bathroom. Soon.
- Get my comic books categorized and, hopefully, sold.
- Go through the four enormous crates of vintage 1980s toys that my mother unleashed on me last weekend and figure out what to do with them. Yes, that’s a big enough task that it counts as a summer goal.
- Oh, and, uh, get a new job.
I still technically have one more day at work; the teacher record day is tomorrow, but literally everything is done and if I wanted to I could check out of the building five minutes after walking into it tomorrow. I’m not going to, but I could.
For right now, though? Bed. Early. I didn’t sleep well at all last night– not, like, end-of-year related, I just couldn’t sleep– but I intend to make up for it tonight.
(Random late addition: the lack of an apostrophe in the title of this YouTube video is annoying me enough that I may actually change the video. Something is wrong with me.)