I’ve posted, what, five times in all of May so far? Something like that, and half of them were useless? I don’t know if I’m depressed or what but I’ve just had nothing to say lately. Well, that’s not quite true– I have a bunch of posts I’d sort of like to write but as soon as I actually sit down in front of a computer I’d rather do anything but write. I haven’t written a word of fiction or drawn a picture in probably over a month. I’ve got a damn convention coming up in a few weeks. It occurred to me the other day that I probably ought to check my stock on my books and place a restock order, and Createspace is not fast, guys, and the entire thought was just too exhausting to even seriously think about.
So, yeah, a brief list of posts I might write, if I was actually in possession of the necessary headspace to do any such thing:
- A review of Robert McCammon’s Swan Song, which someone recommended to me, someone whose identity I can no longer recall, a book which is so terrible that it deserves to be torn to shreds here;
- A review of the magnificent God of War for PS4, which I beat today and is easily the best game of this generation that I’ve played;
- I came really close last night to writing a post about how I wanted to start a Patreon and a podcast and had cool ideas for both but that would require optimism and creative energy and at the moment I have neither;
- A music post, since I’ve downloaded a lot of good albums lately;
- A pre-review of The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang, which I’m reading right now. Actually, let’s do this right now: go buy this book and read it. I didn’t get enough sleep last night because I couldn’t put it down. It’s really something special.
I dunno what’s going on, but it’d be cool if I could snap the fuck out of it.